Monday, March 7, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 2

1) You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?
I am Vincent DiMenna, a natural born athlete with a mindset that knows how to adapt and overcome most obstacles with the use of positivity and hard work. My skills are being able to communicate effectively with my peers and lead the crowd when guidance is needed. I have obtained a great work ethic from earlier experiences with athletics throughout my high school years and even received training at the collegiate level. I have acquired the knowledge on how to instruct proper weight training and conditioning. My business concept will play a vital role in my life because I plan on opening up my own gym along with an organic based restaurant. After I have implemented all the necessary steps to obtain the financial background to successfully create a gym and successfully run my restaurant I will then be satisfied.

2) What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs). 
The services I will provide for my customers will be personal training, nutritional cooking lessons, with the top chefs to instruct and teach the members and mental conditioning that will construct the ideal mindset that will prone members to excel beyond their expectations. The membership will come along with a company shirt to signify the belonging to the lifestyle. Additionally, there will be fitness gear that will be sold in the lobby as well as on my online site. The restaurant that I will open up will produce organic foods that will promote optimal nutrition among all who experience the delicious menu.  

3) Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?
The audience that I will appeal to will be the people, who want to improve their overall health and lifestyle. I will provide the information to teach my members that are interested in learning different methods of cooking and weight training, which all methods will be up to date and constantly updated when new discovery present themselves. 
The demographic and psycho graphic characteristics of my customers will be internationally based to all cultures and genders who obtain a mind set of true determination and will to change their lifestyle behaviors, which ultimately alters their life for the better by teaching them valuable skills in the weight room and the kitchen.  

4) Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service. 
Customers will pay me money for my services because it is an extremely unique service that will provide a database that will contain knowledge on different areas of health and workout strategies created for the success of the customers. The membership will provide an individual experience by customizing their nutrition plans based on their preferences of food choice and their work out routines will be altered based off of personal wants. 

5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has? 
I will have a gym that will have a meal prepping service that is optional with the membership, so that the membership customers that chose to pay the extra fee will be provided with a nutrition plan and will allow them to either participate or watch how to cook different types and styles of food. The gym will have a cafeteria attached to it for workshop space for the members to cook their foods with friends and family. 

The five main points I took from my feedback was the implementation of providing space in the cafeteria for the members to cook and socialize in hopes that they learn and grow into better cooks altogether. Another key point that was suggested was that there be a mental condition regime to prevent members from quoting on themselves and promote self esteem. The third point was to have a diversity when it comes to cultural foods to attract and provide a service for all cultures. The fourth point was to provide each member with a shirt to symbolize the individual's association to the company. The fifth key point is the implementation of customizing the member's nutrition plan for optimal satisfaction and success with completing the lifestyle conversion.
I believe that these five additions to my business plan are very practical. The points will add to my business's uniqueness and overall presentation as a whole. The implementations have enhanced my business by allowing a few simple additions to create a grand difference in the end results. I found the feedback to be quiet logical and have expanded my services for the better. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Vincent,

    I am very intrigued by your idea. I have never seen a business plan from an athlete before. I think many people can benefit from healthy eating and working out. Your restaurant sounds like an athlete’s dream house. My idea napkin was very different from yours, and talked about my business plan to tailor clothes to fit everyone no matter the size. You can check my post out at http://entrepreneurshipblogs.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete