Friday, January 22, 2016

Very Short Interview No. 1

  • What should my expectations be in this course? He suggested that I go ahead and review the material to obtain a disposed understanding as he called it.
  • What does it mean to be an entrepreneur? He believes that it takes a strong, patient mindset to become a successful entrepreneur because he reflected on both the positive and negative experiences he encounter while working and developing his own business. 
  • What do you think I should learn in an entrepreneurship course?He told me I should be able to differ between smart and poor judgments when it comes to business ventures.
  • What do you wish you had been taught in school before setting out on your own path as an entrepreneur? He wished that his teacher would have focused more on the adversities that come along with business ventures and explain better in detail the ways to overcome them.
The entrepreneur I decided to interview was a liquor store owner in my hometown, Madison County, Florida, named Vivek Patel. He has owned this business for five years and has a jewelry store in Jacksonville, Florida as well. He has been an entrepreneur for 12 years so far, he had early experiences with retail and sales he claims from the age of 15. He acquires a tactical, creative entrepreneurial mindset that prohibits growth and eventually expansion within his ventures.

I realized that managing a business is not always as difficult as it may seem. From the interaction between Vivek and I, we discussed the pros and cons with running a business, also he gave me some advice that I noted. He recommended that I start my first business and operate it myself to really get a full understanding of entrepreneurship. He proclaimed that I will encounter various obstacles and be able to make to proper adjustments to overcome them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment