1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
The venture opportunity school of thought was a topic that really stood out to me. The author stated; "developing the right idea for the right time for the right market niche is the key to entrepreneurial success." This statement really stuck with me as I continued to read and I believe that this is accurate. Also, the section talks about entrepreneurs noticing opportunities and taking advantage of them by implementing actions.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
I was confused with the dynamic states section in this chapter, I could not seem to grasp the idea as I did with the integrative approach. The illustration was a bit confusing as well, I examined the illustration in hopes to receive a better understanding of the concept, but it was not much help.
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
What is the best approach to take when formulating a business?
I asked this question to help me determine which approach I should use when I'm planning my businesses.
How do you determine whether a business is considered a mountain or mountain gap?
I want to know how to differentiate between these two categories, so I can know how to approach the business.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
In this chapter, it stated; " The United States is a culture that supports risk taking and seeking opportunities. I do not think that Americans are supportive to risk taking, but they are avoidant to the risks. This could be caused by a fear of failure or a lack of confidence. The American society supports good services and products, but not the risk takers.
No comments:
Post a Comment