Sunday, February 21, 2016

Free Money

  • Where will you go? I went around my apartment complex to seek out random people to approach with my dollar bill and attempt to capture the encounters on video. 
  • What kind of people will you approach? I will approach anyone I see that is not too occupied or gives me a bad vibe. I tend to look for positive energies to approach and interact with. 
  • What will you say to get the conversation started? I will approach them with a positive spirit and open the conversation with ,"Hey, you dropped a dollar...", I believe this will allow the topic to be easily addressed because who does not want money.
  •  What is your plan for the conversation? I plan on guiding the conversation to introducing myself by name and offer a firm hand shake. 
  • Out of five attempts, how many dollar bills do you think you will be able to give away. 
I think I will be able to give away five dollar bill out of the encounters I will create with the happy, high-spirited approach. I do not think anyone will deny money, even a dollar bill.


What are your reflections on this exercise? I found this activity to be fairly easy since I was instructed to give away a dollar. However, the random people that caught on to me recorded seems skeptical in conversation and did not respond to me as much. 
 Was giving away a dollar easier or harder than you imagined?  It was easier than i thought because we live in a time were money is hard to obtain and every dollar counts!
Were your predictions correct or incorrect? If they were incorrect, why?  My predictions were correct because like I said before it is not hard to give away money especially these days. 
What assumptions did you make about the people you planned to talk to, which were wrong? I made assumptions that they would be imitated by my physical appearance since I am a large, mixed man with a half-sleeve tattoo, but two of the five did not judge me and listened to what I had to say with respect and focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment