Sunday, February 21, 2016

Week 7 Reflection Reading

1) What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations? 
The biggest surprise when reading this chapter was the upside gain and downside loss, because I have questions on how you can predict and prepare for the good and the bad when it comes to business. I find this concept to be skeptical because an individual can only assume so much before they become invalid.
2) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.
One part of the text that seemed confusing me was the charts provided on page 205 depicting the  pie charts without giving percentages or measurements of the different sectors. 
3) If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
Why is new-new approach different from the new-old approach? I am curious because the terms sound similar, but the reading does not do a grand job of fully explaining it in full detail and should provide examples.
Which approach is best to use and in what situations amongst the new-new approach and the new-old approach? I have interest in this question because I would like to be able to differentiate which approach to use in different situations and what factors determine the choice between the two approaches.
4) Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?
I did not disagree with the author on any of the material presented in this chapter, I found it to be very interesting and make logical points that makes me expand my entrepreneurial mindset or perspective. 

No comments:

Post a Comment