Monday, April 18, 2016

Final Reflection

1) Read through your blog from this semester. Recall all of the experiences you've had a long the way -- the highs, the lows -- the fun moments, and the moments of drudgery, and even the moments of dread.
Over the course of this semester I have experienced more highs than lows fortunately. The highs were the weeks were I had enough time to complete the tasks and I was able to declare my points to the fullest. The lows was when I was not able to complete all the tasks and had to accept the reduction of points. Overall, this course was a great learning experience with well taught lessons. 
2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
 The most formative experience for me was the interviewing strangers task. I felt that this was a difficult task to complete because I was not familiar with interviewing random people that I did not know. At first it was strange and at times awkward, however the more I attempted the easier and smoother the process went. I will remember the time where I offered a dollar bill to someone and the person looked at the dollar in disguise and denied the bill. The most joyous experience was interviewing a local entrepreneur and learning some priceless lessons on business through his experiences. I am most proud of completing all the interviewing tasks because I was skeptical and uncomfortable with this task at first.  
3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. And we repeated the mantra -- I am an entrepreneur. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
Yes, I have seen a tremendous improvement in my entrepreneurial mindset through out this course. I can truly call myself an entrepreneur with the developed skill set to accomplish any venture I pursue. These assignments and tasks have assisted me with the development of my skills. The best skill I developed was a tenacious attitude. 
4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?
One recommendation for incoming students is to organize your schedule and manage your time wisely. The time management is the biggest concern because some of the course's assignments require you to do an extensive process at times. The organization of the incoming students schedule is vital to keep everything is order and have the assignments mapped out weekly. 

3 comments:

  1. Good evening Vincent, this is a great write up for the assignment. You and I had a lot of the same things in our posts. I did not like interviewing people and having to film it, and I missed a few assignments. My recommendation is to ramp up on time management skills to succeed in this class. The class did teach us some valuable skills that will transfer into other areas in our professional and personal lives.
    Check out my blog: http://patrickcrossent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vincent, it sounds like you really gained a lot from the experiences you had in this class, I think that is great. I agree with the time management piece, I had to constantly look ahead to make sure I planned enough time for each assignment as it came due. Check out my post at: http://melbufent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/melb-final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vincent,
    I agreed with A LOT of your post. I found it most difficult to get all the assignments completed. This class was not hard, it is just time consuming and time consuming and you really need to manage you time wisely. Something I failed to do this semester, thank God for the yellowdig extra credit, which I took total advantage of! :) I also had a lot of trouble getting people to allow me to record them. I don't live on campus and you'd be surprised at the lack of help I received from strangers.

    Check out my post below:

    http://laurnetz027.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete